Pork with Sweet and Spicy Apples
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. honey
- 3/4 tsp. chipotle powder or chili powder, divided
- 1 (1-lb.) pork tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine apples, 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar, honey, and 1/4 teaspoon of the chipotle powder; mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder. Rub evenly on pork to coat. Place pork on baking sheet. Place apples around pork, close to sides of pan.
- Roast 25 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with apples.
Per serving: 245 calories, 7g fat, 0g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 23g protein
*5 minutes stand time extra