Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce
- Yield: 5 cups
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 Large tart apples, chopped
- 2 Pomegranates, seeds separated
- 16 oz Pomegranate juice
- 2 cups White sugar
- Zest from half an orange
- 2 Large oranges, chopped
- 12 oz Fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Peel apples, and put peels and in a small saucepan with pomegranate seeds, 1/2 cup juice and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, zest, oranges, remaining juice and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove small pan from heat and strain juice into the larger pan.
- Stir in nuts, if desired. Cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Great served warm, room temperature or chilled.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com