- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 4 cups Blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 20 oz Peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Water
- 1 Egg, beaten with 1 tsp water for egg wash
- Stir together the almond flour, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and melted butter.
- Add both mixtures to a food processor and pulse until well incorporated.
- Divide the dough into two even pieces. Wrap one ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Roll out the other piece until flat, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugars, nutmeg and cinnamon and cook, stirring continuously, until the sugar has melted.
- Stir in the lemon juice, vanilla and peaches. Cook for about 4-5 minutes to soften the peaches.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl, then mix into the peaches. Continue cooking for 10-12 minutes until the filling thickens, then remove it from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish or a 9.5 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Place the unrolled piece of dough in the bottom of the prepared baking dish and gently press to fill the space evenly.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the peaches to the crust.
- Slice the rolled piece of dough into 1 inch strips and arrange on top of peaches in design of your choice.
- Brush the crust with the egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and tent loosely with foil.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes. Remove the foil after 15 minutes if the crust needs additional browning.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from StaySnatched.com