Pasta with Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Yield: Serves 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 16 oz Fettuccine
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 12 oz Mixed mushrooms, including shiitake, oyster, baby bella
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 cup Port wine, or beef consommé
- 2 cups Whipping cream
- 1 cup Asiago, finely shredded
- In a large pot of lightly salted water cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent. Add mushrooms, Worcestershire and thyme; cook 8 – 10 minutes or until mushrooms soften.
- Stir in port and cook 5 – 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream and bring to a simmer. Gradually add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Spoon sauce on pasta, toss to coat and serve.