Pasta with Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Yield: Serves 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. fettuccine
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 (6-oz.) pkgs. mixed mushrooms (including shiitake, oyster, baby bella)
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 cup port wine or beef consommé
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup finely shredded Asiago
- In a large pot of lightly salted water cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent. Add mushrooms, Worcestershire and thyme; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms soften.
- Stir in port; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream; bring to a simmer. Gradually add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Spoon sauce on pasta, toss to coat, and serve.
Per serving: 520 calories, 30g fat, 17g saturated fat, 95mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 14g protein