- 2 large Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Plain dried bread crumbs
- 20 oz Flounder fillets
- 1 stick Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- Parsley leaves, optional for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the milk. Spread the flour and bread crumbs in 2 separate wide, shallow bowls and season with salt.
- Dredge the fish in the flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip the fish in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs. Transfer to a large plate and repeat with the remaining fish.
- In a skillet, melt 2 tbsp of the butter with 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Add 2 fish fillets and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until golden and crispy outside and white throughout, about 6 minutes. Transfer the fish to plates.
- Wipe out the skillet and repeat with another 2 tbsp of butter and the remaining oil and fish.
- Wipe out the skillet. Whisk in the remaining 4 tbsp of butter and the 2 tbsp of lemon juice and season with salt.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish, garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from Yummly.com