Oniony Baked Beans
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. chipotle seasoning
- 1 (28-oz.) can vegetarian baked beans
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes or until golden. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar and chipotle seasoning. Add beans; stir to combine.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer bean mixture to baking dish. Cover and bake 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 195 calories, 3g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 8g protein
*5 minutes stand time extra