One-Pan Honey Garlic Chicken
- 4 Chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3/4 tsp Garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 Yellow squash, sliced into half moons
- 2 Zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1/8 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Dried chives, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper and rub on all sides of the chicken.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the thighs, skin-side down, into the pan and sear on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, minced garlic, ketchup, honey, ginger and 1/2 tsp garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
- After the chicken is seared, place it in the bowl of sauce.
- Drain oil from the pan and wipe it clean, reduce heat to medium and place pan back on the stove.
- Add the butter to the pan. Once hot, add the squash, zucchini, salt, pepper and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Move the squash to one side of the skillet and add the thighs to the pan, skin-side down. Cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the thighs, pour the sauce over the chicken and stir the squash. Cover and cook the chicken until it is cooked through.
- Move chicken and squash to serving dish and top with dried chives and sesame seeds.
Recipe adapted from WithPeanutButterOnTop.com