Lime & Roasted Banana Pie
- Yield: 10 servings
- 4 medium Firm-ripe bananas, divided
- 1¾ cups Lowfat vanilla greek yogurt
- ¼ cup packed Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Lime zest, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 envelope Plain gelatin
- 1 Graham cracker crust
- Cooking spray
- Cabot Whipped Cream
- 1/3 cup Toasted macadamia or cashew nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Pierce three unpeeled bananas with the tip of a knife in several spots and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until skins are dark brown, flesh is soft and liquid is bubbling from pierced slits. Remove from the oven and let cool with the skins on until they reach room temperature.
- Peel bananas and place in food processor with yogurt and sugar and process until smooth.
- Combine 1 tsp of lime zest, lime juice and water in a heatproof cup and sprinkle with gelatin. Place the cup in saucepan filled with about ½ inch of water. Set the pan over medium heat, stirring when water begins simmering, until gelatin is completely melted.
- Add gelatin mixture to the filling and process until combined.
- Pour the filling into crust, smoothing top.
- Lightly coat a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray and place on top of the pie. Refrigerate for a few hours or until set.
- Chop remaining banana when ready to serve.
- Top each slice with swirl of whipped cream, some diced banana and sprinkle of nuts and lime zest.
Recipe adapted from CabotCheese.coop