- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 29 minutes
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsps Baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsps Vanilla extract
- 8 oz Crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 1 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped and toasted
- 2 cups Banana, chopped
- Cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the eggs and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and stir until ingredients are just combined.
- Stir in the vanilla, drained pineapple and 1 cup pecans, then gently fold in the bananas.
- Divide the batter evenly among the three prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove cakes from pans and cool completely on rack.
- Frost the tops of all 3 layers of the cake and then stack them on top of each other. Now, frost the sides of the cake as well. Sprinkle the remaining pecans evenly over the top of the cake.
Recipe adapted from TheSpruceEats.com