Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- 3/4 cup Light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Lime zest, divided
- 2 tbsp Lime juice, divided
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lb Medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 Corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 1/2 cups Cabbage, or napa cabbage, finely shredded
- Salsa verde, optional
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300F to 350F). For the sauce, in a small bowl whisk together sour cream, 1 teaspoon of the lime zest, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, plus cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl combine shrimp, garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste; toss. Thread shrimp onto 5 (10-inch) skewers.* Grill 3 to 5 minutes per side or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Place shrimp evenly in tortillas. Drizzle with the sauce and top with the cabbage and your favorite toppings.
*If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.