Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. lime zest, divided
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 30 to 35)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage or napa cabbage
- Salsa verde (optional)
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F to 350°F). For the sauce, in a small bowl whisk together sour cream, 1 teaspoon of the lime zest, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, plus cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl combine shrimp, garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste; toss. Thread shrimp onto 5 (10-inch) skewers.* Grill 3 to 5 minutes per side or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Place shrimp evenly in tortillas. Top with cabbage, and drizzle with sauce. If desired, serve with salsa verde.
Per serving: 262 calories, 6g fat, 2g saturated fat, 158mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 19g protein
*If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.