Grilled Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 large Tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup Artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 3 Green onions, sliced
- 4-6 Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Goat cheese crumbles, or 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 16 slices Pepperoni, optional
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place mushrooms stem side down on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, until they start to soften and grill marks appear.
- Flip mushrooms and evenly divide tomatoes, artichoke hearts, green onions, olives, pepperoni and basil between the mushroom caps. Top each mushroom with cheese.
- Cover grill and cook for another 6-8 minutes or until mushroom is soft, cheese is melted and filling is warm.
Recipe adapted from Nourish.Schnucks.com