Gnocchi with Sage Butter
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 lb Gnocchi
- 3 tbsp Salted butter
- 10 Fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a pot of water to a boil then add the gnocchi and cook until they float to the surface, about 2 minutes. Remove gnocchi from the water and set aside.
- Place butter in a pan over medium heat, letting it gently melt and brown.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and fry the sage leaves in the butter, then remove the leaves and set aside.
- Add the gnocchi to the hot butter in the pan and quickly sear them, turning to get all sides.
- Remove from heat and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Stir in the fried sage leaves and serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe adapted from BrainHQ.com