Garlic Sautéed Okra
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb Okra
- 2 tsp Cooking oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Grape tomatoes, optional
- Cut off the stem ends of the okra pods. Rinse the pods, gently pat them dry, and set aside.
- Peel the garlic clove and slice it crosswise as thinly as possible.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the oil, swirl the pan to coat the bottom with the oil, and heat until the oil shimmers, about 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and let it sizzle until it just starts to turn golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the okra and stir it to coat. Cover and cook, shaking the pan frequently to move the okra pods around inside until the okra is starting to brown on the edges and is tender to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the okra to a serving platter or individual plates.
- Add the grape tomatoes if desired and sprinkle with salt.
Recipe adapted from TheSpruceEats.com