Garlic Pepper Petite Roast
- 3-4 lb Top loin petite roast
- 1-1/2 lbs Green beans, trimmed
- 8 oz Cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 6 Shallots, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 5 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine garlic and pepper and press evenly onto all surfaces of the roast.
- Place roast, fat-side up, in a roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, but not resting in fat.
- Roast for 1 to 1-1/4 hours for medium rare or 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, toss green beans, mushrooms and shallots with oil on rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- About 1 hour before roast is finished, place vegetables on bottom oven rack. After removing roast, increase oven temperature to 425°F and continue roasting vegetables about 15 minutes or until beans and shallots are crisp-tender and starting to brown, stir once.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare or 150°F for medium.
- Transfer roast to carving board, tent loosely with aluminum foil and et stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Carve roast into slices and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with roasted vegetables.
Recipe adapted from BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com