- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 lb Squid bodies, cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
- Add three inches of oil to a pot and heat to 350 degrees.
- Place the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl and whisk.
- Pat the squid rings dry with a paper towel. Then toss them in the flour mixture. Shake off the excess flour and place in the hot oil.
- Fry the squid for 1-2 minutes, stopping before they get too browned.
- Remove from the oil and place on a cookie tray to dry.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from DinnerThenDessert.com