Skip to content
Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/3 cup Half & half, or lowfat milk
- 4 tbsp Butter or margarine
- In a large saucepan place potatoes and garlic in enough water to cover; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain; place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe cup microwave half-and-half on LOW 30 to 45 seconds or just until warmed.
- Add half-and-half and butter to bowl with potatoes and garlic. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.