Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, quartered (about 3 medium)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup half-and-half or lowfat milk
- 4 tbsp. butter or margarine
- In a large saucepan place potatoes and garlic in enough water to cover; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain; place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe cup microwave half-and-half on LOW 30 to 45 seconds or just until warmed.
- Add half-and-half and butter to bowl with potatoes and garlic. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Per serving: 142 calories, 9g fat, 6g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g protein