Creamy Mushroom and Roasted Garlic Rice Soup
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups Cooked RiceSelect® Texmati® Brown Rice, divided
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1 lb Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Large sweet mild onion, finely chopped
- 6.5 oz Garlic and herb spreadable cheese
- 28 oz Roasted garlic seasoned chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups Water
- 8 slices Smoked bacon, pre-cooked
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion and cook about 10 minutes, stirring.
- Let mixture cool slightly then place in a food processor or blender with 1 1/2 cups rice, cheese and 1 cup broth. Pulse mixture until mushrooms are finely chopped but not pureed.
- Return mixture to pot and stir in remaining rice, broth and water. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm bacon according to package directions. Chop and set aside.
- Spoon soup into bowls and sprinkle with bacon before serving.
Recipe adapted from RiceSelect.com