Crab Cake Sliders
- Yield: Serves 10
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tsp Vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup Yellow onion, minced
- 1 lb Fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Romano, finely shredded
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup loosely packed Baby arugula
- 10 Slider rolls or mini pretzel rolls
- Horseradish sauce (optional)
- In a medium skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine crabmeat, panko, mayonnaise, cheese, egg, seasoning and lemon juice. Add onion mixture, and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Divide into 10 equal portions; form 2 1/2-inch patties, 1/2-inch thick. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large, deep skillet heat remaining 1/2 cup oil. Add crab patties in batches; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack lined with paper towels.
- Place arugula on the bottom of each roll. Top with 1 crab cake and horseradish sauce if desired.
- Serve warm.