Crab Cake Sliders
- Yield: Serves 10
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 lb. fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Romano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup loosely packed baby arugula
- 10 slider rolls or mini pretzel rolls, split
- Horseradish sauce (optional)
- In a medium skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Remove skillet from heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine crabmeat, panko, mayonnaise, cheese, egg, seasoning and lemon juice. Add onion mixture, and salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Divide into 10 equal portions; form 2 1/2-inch patties 1/2-inch thick. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large, deep skillet heat remaining 1/2 cup oil. Add crab patties in batches; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack lined with paper towels.
- Place arugula on the bottom of each roll. Top with 1 crab cake and (if desired) horseradish sauce. Serve warm.
Per serving: 290 calories, 14g fat, 3g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 16g protein
*30 minutes chill time extra