Classic Italian Lasagna
- Yield: 8 servings
- 3/4 lb Dry lasagna noodles
- 1 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 cups Premade Bolognese sauce
- 16 oz Whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 Large egg
- 2 lb Mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook lasagna noodles for 2 minutes only. Drain and mix in a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Mix together the ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley egg, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large casserole dish, layer meat sauce, lasagna noodles, ricotta and then mozzarella. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, keeping the same order. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan under the top layer of mozzarella.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Increase temperature to 400F, remove foil and bake for another 18 to 20 minutes.