Classic Apple Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 Refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts, prepared according to package instructions
- 6 cups Apples, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Place 1 pie crust in an ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly to fit the crust to the sides and bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to make the filling.
- Pour the filling into the pie dish and top with the second crust. Press the edges together with the your hands and flute the edges. Cut several slits into the top to vent the steam as it cooks.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. If crust edges are browning quickly, add foil around the crust edge halfway through cooking.
- Let cool a couple of hours before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.com