Citrus-Rosemary Roasted Turkey
- Yield: Serves 12
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Orange zest
- 1 tbsp Dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 3/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 12 - 14 lb Whole turkey
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place wine and enough water to reach 1 1/2 inches up the side of a shallow roasting pan. Place a roasting rack in pan.
- In a small bowl stir together honey, orange zest, rosemary, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1/4 cup of the honey mixture.
- Using fingertips, loosen and lift skin from turkey breast, being careful not to tear skin. Spread remaining honey mixture under breast skin. Tie legs together with kitchen twine; tuck wings under. Place turkey on roasting rack. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and cover loosely with foil. Roast 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Uncover turkey and baste with pan drippings. Roast, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours, basting with pan drippings every 30 minutes.
- Remove turkey from oven and rub with reserved honey mixture. Roast, uncovered, 30 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into thickest part of the breast.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.