Chocolate Raspberry Rugelach
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 lb Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 lb Cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Raspberry jam
- 1 Egg
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy. Beat in salt, then flour, until well combined. Place dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap and form into a flat disc.
- Chill the dough 2 hours in the refrigerator or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Sprinkle flour on to a work surface. Divide the dough into quarters and roll one into a rectangle about 12″ x 8″, with the widest side to you.
- Spread a thin layer, 2-3 tbsp, of jam on the dough, covering all but the furthest ¼ inch from you. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp cinnamon-sugar and 4 tsp of the chocolate.
- Roll dough away from you into a log as tight as you can, using your fingers to seal the ends. Repeat with remaining dough pieces, creating 4 logs.
- Place logs in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Trim the ends off each log, then cut into 10-12 equal slices. Arrange rugelach on the prepared baking sheets, a couple inches apart from each other.
- Beat the egg with 1 tsp water then brush the tops of the rugelach with the egg wash. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from WellSeasonedStudio.com