Chocolate Oreo Truffles
- Yield: 36 truffles
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup Heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Whole milk
- 12 oz Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs, about 15 Oreos
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Chocolate melting wafers
- Sea salt
- Oreo crumbs, for topping
- Place milk and heavy cream in a saucepan, over medium-high heat and bring to a light simmer.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips to the mixture. Let them sit until melted and then whisk together until well combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder, Oreo crumbs and salt until combined.
- Pour into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Scoop a tablespoon of mixture out of the bowl, roll into a ball and place on a baking sheet. Continue until all the mixture is used. Refrigerate balls for 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate wafers in a bowl.
- Place a truffle on a fork and dip into the melted chocolate. Then place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and Oreo crumbs and allow chocolate to cool and set.
Recipe Adapted from LitlleSunnyKitchen.com