Chicken Thighs with Artichoke Hearts
- Yield: 3 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 Bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp Sofrito
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 8 oz Baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz Baby spinach
- 4 Plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 cups Chicken broth, or as needed
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts
- 8 oz Artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken thighs and cook, turning occasionally, until fully browned and garlic has burned slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sofrito until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to low and cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are slightly brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and chicken mixture from the skillet. Stir to combine well.
- Return the skillet to the stove and turn heat up to high. Pour Cabernet Sauvignon into the pan and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off the bottom of the pan. Pour wine glaze into the Dutch oven and stir to combine. Add 2 cups chicken broth, or more as needed, to fully cover the chicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Shortly before serving, place pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add toasted pine nuts and the artichoke hearts to the chicken mixture and allow to heat for 1 minute prior to serving.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com