Caprese Garlic Bread
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread, cut in half horizontally
- 4 tbsp Salted butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 12 oz Fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium Tomatoes, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place both pieces of the baguette on a large baking sheet, cut-side up.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic and spread evenly on both bread halves. Place the mozzarella slices on top of the bread, making sure the cheese covers the bread completely, but doesn’t overhang the sides. Bake the bread for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, make the balsamic reduction. Place the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then decrease the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is reduced by about half, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the bread from oven. Top the bread with tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe adapted from TwoPeasAndTheirPod.com