- 6 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 1 small clove Garlic
- Kosher salt
- 2 Large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice, plus more
- ¾ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Shaved Caesar cheese blend, plus more for serving
- Black pepper
- 3 cups Crouton of choice
- 3 Romaine lettuce hearts, leaves separated
- Start by making the dressing. This can be done a day ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to use. Chop together anchovy fillets, garlic and a pinch of salt. Use the side of a knife blade to mash it all into a paste, then scrape into a bowl.
- Whisk in egg yolks, 2 tbsp lemon juice and mustard. Gradually whisk in olive oil and then vegetable oil, drop-by-drop until the dressing is thick and glossy.
- Whisk in the cheese and season with salt, pepper and more lemon juice, if desired.
- Leave lettuce leaves whole and place into large bowl. Gently toss lettuce with the croutons and then the dressing.
- Top with more shaved cheese and serve.
Recipe adapted from BonAppetit.com