Bucatini with Blackened Salmon
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 12 oz Salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 lb Bucatini
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups Asparagus spears, top 4 inches
- 2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp Blackening seasoning
- 1 tsp Granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Granulated onion
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Basil, finely chopped
- Cook bucatini according to package instructions.
- Place the asparagus in sauté pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for one minute. Drain, let cool, then cut in half and set aside.
- Make the cheese sauce by placing cream and chicken stock in a saucepan over medium heat to reduce mixture, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Gorgonzola, Romano cheese and spices, reduce heat to low and whisk well. When the sauce thickens, remove from heat and set pan aside.
- Lightly oil a sauté pan and warm over medium-high heat.
- Coat the top of the salmon with the blackening seasoning. Place in the hot pan and cook on each side for 2 minutes. Place salmon on a plate and set aside.
- Add the grape tomato and asparagus into the cheese sauce and bring back to a boil.
- Gently toss bucatini with the cheese and vegetable mixture.
- Break salmon into small pieces and gently add to the pasta.
- Garnish with chopped basil and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from AskChefDennis.com