Brazilian Steak Chili
- 5 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 2 stalks Celery, finely chopped
- 1 Medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Minced garlic, divided
- 2 tbsp Montreal steak seasoning, divided
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 46 oz V8 Hint of Black Pepper Juice
- 15.5 oz Red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb New York strip steak
- 1/2 cup packed Fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup packed Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, for serving
- Place oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat and add the celery and onion. Cook until vegetables are soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add in the steak seasoning, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, Worcestershire, V8, pinto and kidney beans. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Pat steaks dry and season with 1 tbsp steak seasoning.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook to desired doneness, flipping halfway through. Transfer to a cutting board, tent with foil and let sit 5 minutes before slicing.
- Blend together the parsley, cilantro and remaining 1 tsp garlic until finely chopped. Continue processing while slowly adding 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Spoon chili into bowls and top with sliced steak, parsley sauce and sour cream.
Recipe adapted from Seasons.Hy-Vee.com