Biscuit Dough Calzones
- 1 can Buttermilk biscuits
- 16 oz Pizza sauce
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz Pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Open canned biscuits.
- On a floured surface roll out each biscuit individually to a thickness of about ¼ inch.
- Place a dollop of pizza sauce on the rolled out dough making sure to keep away from the edges for sealing the calzones.
- Fill center of the calzone with filling of choice. Some great options are pepperoni, sausage, spinach, ham, or whatever sounds good to you!
- With a dampened finger, wet all edges of the dough and fold in half.
- Use your fingers, or a fork, to press the edges of the dough together to seal your calzone.
- Place calzones on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Cook 13-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with extra pizza sauce for dipping.
Recipe adapted from PlatterTalk.com