Bacon Gouda Egg Sandwich
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 18 minutes
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 4 slices Bacon
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- 4 slices Gouda cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease 4 holes of an extra-large muffin pan.
- Beat together the eggs, parmesan, milk, salt and pepper until frothy. Divide evenly between the greased muffins cups. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until eggs are puffed and set.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon to desired doneness and set on paper towel to dry.
- Slice open the ciabatta buns and lay them open on a baking sheet.
- When eggs are done, remove them from the pan and arrange one on each bottom bun. Top with a slice of cheese, then a slice of bacon.
- If eating immediately, put tray in the oven and broil until the cheese just starts to melt.
- They can also be frozen. Close the sandwiches up and put the tray in the freezer. Once frozen, wrap sandwiches individually. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
Recipe adapted from Recipes.net