- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Kosher salt, divided
- 2 sticks Unsalted butter, cubed, plus more for greasing
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 lbs Honeycrisp apples, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Wildflower honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground allspice
- In a food processor, pulse 2 cups of the flour with the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- Add the 2 sticks butter and pulse until it forms pea-size crumbles. Pour in the egg and pulse until the dough just comes together.
- Press two-thirds of the dough into a greased 9-inch pie pan to have the edges flush with the edge of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the walnuts, lemon juice, honey and nutmeg. Add to the pie pan.
- Pinch off small pieces of the remaining dough and scatter them over the top of the apples.
- Bake the apple cake until golden brown and bubbling in the center, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a rack and let cool completely before serving.
Recipe adapted from Yummly.com