- Yield: 14 slices
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup Turbinado sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Packed shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch bread pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, applesauce, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine into a sticky dough. Gently stir in the zucchini, being careful not to overmix. Stir until the dough just comes together.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar.
- Bake 60 – 65 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
- Store at room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for about 1 week, or frozen for up to 3 months.
Recipe adapted fromACoupleCooks.com