White Chocolate Lemon Truffles
- Yield: 10-15 truffles
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup White chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp Lemon extract
- 2-3 drops Yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup Powdered sugar
- Place the white chocolate chips in a bowl and set aside.
- In a pan, combine the butter and zest and heat until the butter melts.
- Stir in the heavy cream and scald (bring just before boiling). Then, pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve over the white chocolate chips. Add the lemon extract and food coloring, and mix until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture until it is firm enough to handle, about 30 minutes.
- Scoop heaping teaspoonfuls of the mixture and form into balls. Roll each ball in powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate the truffles for at least 30 minutes before eating.
Recipe Adapted from LoveBakesGoodCakes.com