Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup Full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Butter or olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Shallots, minced
- 16 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 6 Carrots, chopped
- Fresh herbs, to taste
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 1–2 cups Veggie broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Boil them until fork tender, then drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the yogurt, butter and salt and mash together. Set aside.
- In a large oven-safe pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté until 1-2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, carrots and herbs and continue sautéeing until the carrots are tender.
- Mix in the tomato paste and flour. Then add the wine and scrape all the browned bits off the the pan.
- Let cook for a minute or two then slowly stir in the broth, forming a gravy. Allow to simmer over low heat and thicken.
- Remove any whole herbs and stir in the peas.
- Evenly spread the mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until potatoes are starting to brown.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from PinchOfYum.com