- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb Veal cutlets, cut into 4 pieces
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 tsp Parsley flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Pasta sauce
- 4 thick slices Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Place cutlets between two slices of saran wrap and pound them until they’re about a 1/4 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper on both side.
- Set out 3 bowls for breading the veal. Place the flour in one and the eggs in another. In the third bowl, whisk together the breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup cheese, parsley flakes, garlic powder and basil.
- Dip a cutlet into the flour, coating all sides. Next, dip it into the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Set aside and repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the cutlets and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until browned and crispy. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle cutlets with the remaining Parmesan. Pour the pasta sauce over them and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from NeighborFoodBlog.com