Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup skim milk or almond milk
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prick potatoes with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Place potatoes on a cutting board; cut each in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the pulp, leaving shells 1/4-inch thick. Place pulp in a large mixing bowl; set shells aside.
- Add milk, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg to pulp. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Spoon evenly into shells, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until potatoes are heated through. Sprinkle with nuts and (if desired) cheese, and serve.
Per serving: 215 calories, 14g fat, 6g saturated fat, 23mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 4g protein
*cooling time extra