Skip to content
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 2 large Sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup Skim milk or almond milk
- 3 tbsp Butter or margarine
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Fround nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Toasted walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup Crumbled goat cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prick potatoes with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
- Place potatoes on a cutting board; cut each in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the pulp, leaving shells 1/4-inch thick. Place pulp in a large mixing bowl; set shells aside.
- Add milk, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg to pulp. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Spoon evenly into shells, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until potatoes are heated through. Sprinkle with nuts and (if desired) cheese, and serve.