Three Bean Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 3/4 cup Red onion, minced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Large lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 Box Jack's Quality Garbonzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Box Jack's Quality Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Edamame, shelled
- 1/4 cup Packed Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Scallions, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Place the quinoa in a pot with ¾ cup water and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let quinoa sit for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the red onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and let stand until onions start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Place the drained and rinsed beans in a large bowl with the cooked quinoa, parsley and scallions. Add the red onion mixture and stir to combine evenly. Top with a pinch of sea salt to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving.
Recipe adapted from JacksQualityBeans.com