Thai Grilled Squid
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 lb Squid, cut into long strips
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Ginger, minced
- Bamboo skewers soaked in water
- 3-4 Fresh green chili, pound into a rough paste or finely mince
- 6 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
- Arrange the squid on the bamboo skewers, leaving some space for handling.
- Mix the soy sauce and ginger in a bowl and marinate the squid for half an hour.
- While the squid is marinating, make the green sauce.
- Bring sugar, vinegar, water and salt to a boil. When all the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and let cool. Add green chili, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce and coriander. Stir well and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the squid for about 2 minutes on each side or until it is slightly charred on the outside and cooked through.
- Serve the hot squid with the green sauce.
Recipe adapted from SaffronStreaks.com