Sue Adams’ Rosemary Carrot Cookies
- Yield: 40-48 cookies
- 1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Lemon rind
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tbsp Fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Instant oatmeal
- 1 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1 cup Nuts (optional)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If using nuts, you can toast the nuts and then cool before adding to the recipe.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, vanilla, lemon rind, rosemary and lemon juice and beat well.
- Mix in the carrots, flour and baking soda.
- Mix in oatmeal, and nuts if using.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper (to prevent cookies from sticking to the pan).
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until lightly brown and firm.