Spicy Sesame Noodles w/Chopped Peanuts and Thai Basil
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp Asian sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Hot chili oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Fresh Chinese egg noodles or fresh angel hair pasta
- 12 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Thai basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Heat peanut oil in small skillet over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and sauté 1 minute. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add next 6 ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Place noodles in sieve over sink. Separate noodles with fingers and shake to remove excess starch.
- Cook in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain thoroughly and transfer to bowl with sauce.
- Add sliced green onions and toss to coat noodles.
- Let stand at room temperature until noodles have absorbed dressing, tossing occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Stir in peanuts and Thai basil; toss again.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from BonAppetit.com