Slow Cooker Cod Au Gratin
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Dry mustard
- 1/4 tbsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 lbs Cod fillets
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour, salt, dry mustard, and nutmeg and mix well. Lightly simmer the mixture for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add the milk and stir continuously until the mixture thickens. Add the lemon juice and cheese and continue stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Place the fish in the bottom of a slow cooker and completely cover it in the cheese sauce.
- Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours, or until the fish flakes easily.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from CDKitchen.com