Sicilian Eggplant Pasta
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups Multi-grain penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 Red onion, chopped
- 1 - 2 Japanese eggplants, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- In a large pot of water cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large, high-sided pan heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add eggplant and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and tomatoes; cook and stir 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add pasta to the pan, toss to combine and cook until heated through.
- Remove pan from heat. Add basil, and drizzle remaining oil over pasta and toss to combine.
- Spoon pasta into 4 serving dishes. Sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.