Shrimp Scampi Over Linguini
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb Linguini
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 Shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Cook the linguini according to package, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Add wine and lemon juice to the skillet and bring to a boil. Add 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from FoodNetwork.com