Shrimp in Coconut Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Goya® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 3 tbsp Goya® Olive Oil
- 2 cups Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Scallions, sliced very thin, reserve 1 tbsp green part for garnish
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Goya® Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Clam broth
- 13.5 oz can Goya® Coconut Milk
- 4 cups Cooked white rice, hot
- Season shrimp evenly with adobo and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, scallion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the clam broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Then, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook, flipping once, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Move to a serving plate, garnish with scallion and serve with prepared rice.
Recipe adapted from Goya.com