Sheet Pan Lasagna
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 4 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 lb Taccole or lasagna pasta, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 5 oz Baby spinach
- 1 cup Part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 lb Spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 4 cups Jarred marinara sauce
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded low moisture mozzarella, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Oil a 12×17″ baking sheet with about 1 tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil, garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan. Cook, stirring often, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and salt and cook, stirring often, until the spinach is almost wilted, another minute. Pour the spinach mixture through a strainer and press firmly to remove any excess liquid. Place the spinach in a medium bowl and cut up the spinach into bite-size pieces. Stir in the ricotta cheese and set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet and return to medium heat. Add the remaining 2 tbsp of oil and sausage to the pan. Cook undisturbed until the sausage is beginning to brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Break the sausage apart into bite sized pieces and continue cooking, stirring often, until the sausage is lightly browned, another 5 minutes.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until the onion begins to soften, another 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with salt and cook the pasta for 4 minutes, stirring often to avoid clumping. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, pour the marinara into the pan with the sausage and onion and mix well. Add the reserved pasta water, cooked pasta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese to the pan and stir to combine evenly.
- Spread the entire mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Dollop the pasta with the ricotta-spinach mixture, then sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and 1 cup parmesan cheeses on top.
- Bake until the pasta is tender and the top is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Recipe adapted from giadzy.com