Scalloped Potato Gratin
- Yield: Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cut into slices 1/8-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp white cheddar, grated
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Half & half
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat an 11×7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange half of the potato slices in baking dish; top with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Add remaining potatoes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add garlic, thyme and nutmeg and cook and stir 2 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned. Add half & half and cook 2 minutes more. Pour mixture evenly over potatoes. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.