Scalloped Potato Gratin
- Yield: Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cut into slices 1/8-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp white Cheddar, divided
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat an 11×7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange half of the potato slices in baking dish; top with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Add remaining potatoes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add garlic, thyme and nutmeg; cook and stir 2 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned. Add half-and-half; cook 2 minutes more. Pour mixture evenly over potatoes. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Per serving: 244 calories, 15g fat, 9g saturated fat, 41mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 8g protein