- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 6 drops sriracha (hot chili sauce)
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- For the sauce, in a medium bowl combine sour cream, sweet chili sauce and sriracha; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cornstarch, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Working in batches, add shrimp; toss to coat evenly.
- In a deep, heavy-bottomed pot add oil to a depth of 2 inches. Heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 365°F. Working in batches, carefully add shrimp to hot oil. Fry 1 to 2 minutes or until the coating is golden and shrimp are pink. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Place cooked shrimp in the sauce; toss to coat well. Sprinkle with green onions, and serve.
Per serving: 337 calories, 24g fat, 6g saturated fat, 127mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 14g protein