- Yield: 10
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 1 cup Dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together the almond flour and maple syrup until a sticky dough forms.
- Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll it out until it’s about 1/4 inch think.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out circle cookies. Roll the leftover dough out again and repeat until all the dough is used.
- Use a straw, or other small circlular item, to cut out a hole in the center of the cookies.
- Move the cookies to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- To make the date caramel, remove the pits and place in a bowl filled with hot, almost boiling, water and steep for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the dates, add to a blender and process on high for 3-5 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Stop blending once the dates have reached a creamy caramel texture. Set aside.
- Toast the coconut by placing it on parchment paper in a single layer and bake at 350F for 3-5 minutes. It will burn easily, so keep an eye on them.
- Take a cookie and apply a generous coat of the date mixture on top. Next, dip the top into the coconut and place back on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the cookies. Freeze the cookies for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in in a double broiler or in a microwave with a bit of coconut oil in 30 second increments, stirring in between.
- Dip the bottoms of each cookie in the chocolate and place back on the baking sheet. Once all cookies are dipped, drizzle more of the chocolate over the tops.
- Place back in the freezer for about 45 minutes to harden completely.
Recipe adapted from LovelyDelites.com