Roasted Pork Loin With Stuffing
- 1 (3-5 pound) Boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried thyme
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 325 F. Oil a roasting pan, or use cooking spray.
- Butterfly the pork roast. Slice it most of the way through on three sides so you can open it and lay it flat.
- Place plastic wrap over the butterflied pork and pound to flatten.
- In a bowl, combine all of the stuffing ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Spread stuffing on the butterflied pork and roll it up. If your pork ended up in two pieces, not a problem! Just spread stuffing on one piece and top with the second piece and then roll.
- Tie roast closed with kitchen twine or use skewers to secure. Place in your prepared pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until a meat thermometer registers at least 160 F, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from TheSpruceEats.com