- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 (20-oz.) pkg. parsnips, peeled, cut into 2x1/2x1/2-inch strips (about 5 cups)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic pepper
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 tsp. prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl combine parsnips, oil and garlic pepper; toss to coat. Spread parsnips in a large baking pan. Cover tightly with foil. Roast 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the herbed butter, in a small bowl combine butter, chives, parsley and horseradish. Set aside.
- Remove foil from pan; stir parsnips. Return pan to oven; roast, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes more or until parsnips are lightly browned and tender.
- Transfer parsnips to a large serving bowl. Add herbed butter; toss to combine. Serve warm.
Per serving: 190 calories, 10g fat, 4g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 2g protein